The switch from being pregnant to life with a newborn is all consuming and exhausting. Let's be honest the last thing you want to deal with after giving birth is what to feed your family! We have been in your shoes mama and we've rounded up some helpful tips and tricks so you can fill up your freezer with nutritious meals before baby is here!
What Can I Freeze?:
- Soups and stews make great freezer meals to store, you may need to add more liquid/broth upon defrosting
- Casseroles/bakes such as enchiladas, lasagna can be transferred to a new container and frozen
- Breads, tortillas, muffins, pancakes and waffles hold very well in the freezer
- Meats such as meatballs, turkey patties/salmon burgers all hold very well when frozen and can be a great way to save time when preparing meals
What Do I Store Meals to Freeze In?
- Freezer glass mason jars for soups, stews: ensure to leave space
- Silicone bags of varying sizes can be used to store muffins, pancakes and if purchased in a larger size soups and stews when thawed
Our Favorite BOOBIE* Recipes for Freezing
- Smoothie Bags - Pick your favorite frozen fruit (1 cup), add a handful of spinach or kale and seal in an individual bag. When ready, add contents of bag to blender, add milk of choice a scoop of BOOBIE* Body Protein & blend
- Coffee Caramel Protein Bites
- Chocolate Bliss Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Apple Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Muffins
Find more freezer ready postpartum recipes like this from The Postnatal Cookbook
Bonus: Our Top 3 Favorite Recipes to Make and Keep in the Fridge for Any Stage of Motherhood!